Contact us to discuss your project with our technical experts and request a quote.
The aptly named Signature250 has a frequency of 250 kHz with a profiling range of 200 meters. It is capable of measuring directional waves, ice thickness and ice drift from up-looking installations of up to 150 meters depth.
This 250 kHz frequency, true broadband instrument brings you a host of features and benefits carefully developed around the needs of the scientists and engineers working both within academia and in the offshore industry.
It has been designed with a broad range of applications in mind: Nortek has built a rugged, robust system optimized for operational users, while also offering innovation in data investigation capabilities and accuracy to scientific researchers.
The system is ideal for investigating:
- Ocean circulation, including boundary currents, inter-basin exchange and transport in and out of the polar seas
- Deep water wave climate
- Ice thickness and drift velocity
Just like the rest of the Signature series products, the Signature250 brings you the convenience of:
- Smaller size and lighter weight. The instrument weighs only 1,5 kg in water (18,5 kg in air) without batteries and the height is less than 55 cm.
- Hard-iron calibration in post-processing. Calibrate data for hard-iron effects around the sensor platform during post-processing.
- Ethernet Interface. Download one GB in 6 minutes! Connect directly to your in-house network.
- Meticulous QC. Single ping data may be stored.
- True Broadband technology. Reduced power consumption by a factor of 10-30 compared to more traditional systems.
- Concurrent and alternate sampling schemes. Powered by the patented AD2CP platform (US Patent 7,911,880), concurrent and alternate sampling schemes are available for maximum flexibility.