Journal of Ocean Technology Publications
The June issue of The Journal of Ocean Technology was focused on novel ocean acoustics science and applications. This issue highlighted several Nortek projects and capabilities, including:
WORKSHOP REPORT -- User-contributed essays from the 2011 Nortek Technical Symposium
- Swash-zone observations, Puleo & Lanckriet, U. Delaware
- Multi-frequency Doppler systems, Traykovski & Jaffre, WHOI
- Turbulence from moving platforms, Rusello & Siegel, NortekUSA
- Open ocean turbulence observations, Farrar, WHOI
- Kinetic hydropower analysis, Colby, Verdant Power
TURNINGS -- "Acoustic measurements of sea ice"
HOMEWARD BOUND -- "What's next for ADCPs?"
PERSPECTIVES -- Photo essay of AWAC deployment
Read closely and you'll learn how Atle's mother really feels about his career path!