Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesUp to Velocimeters - single point
Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesPosted by Mike Jesson at May 20. 2012
" has now been updated to batch process unconverted Vectrino (.vno) files as well as unconverted Polysync files and the other formats described in the original thread.
v1.1.20 is now available for download, and also includes a bug fix for the import of converted Vectrino (*.dat, *.hdr) files.
Re: Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesPosted by P.J. Rusello at May 21. 2012
Awesome Mike, we have a few users this will be a good option for now! Thanks.
Re: Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesPosted by Mike Jesson at May 21. 2012
If you do find that people are interested in using the software could you encourage them to let me know via the download site? At the moment I'm just maintaining/upgrading the software for my own research and that of a PhD student here. There are a couple of things which could be added reasonably easily (for example, while there are a number of filtering options included, SNR filtering is not; similarly all of the averaging processes currently assume a rectangular channel) but they will only get done if there is a demand for them.
Re: Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesPosted by Mike Jesson at June 01. 2012
v1.2.3 is now available for download. This allows filtering based on the signal correlation recorded by the ADV (this is only implemented for data imported from .vno files though).
Based on comments from one user, please note that for large data files (theirs were 53MB) import will be slow so be patient. For comparison, my data files (200Hz recording for 60 seconds) were less than 1MB in size.
Re: Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesPosted by Mike Jesson at July 31. 2012
v1.2.9 is now available at http://www.mikejesson.com/DataAnalyserWebsite/index.php.
- Multi-run functionality has been added (time-series from a number of experimental runs are synchronised on a limiting value or the maximum, and the mean time-series calculated).
- Data import speeds and been significantly improved, particularly for Vectrino and PolySync files.
- All text in the GUI is now configurable.
A user guide is available: http://www.mikejesson.com/DataAnalyserWebsite/downloads/MAJVSA_Installation_and_User_Guide.pdf
Re: Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesPosted by Mike Jesson at September 21. 2012
v1.3.5 is now available at http://www.mikejesson.com/DataAnalyserWebsite/index.php.
- Vector .vec files are now supported, along with converted Vector files (.dat)
- Vector .vec burst mode files are now automatically split (using the same method as outlined below for large files)
- Sampling rate is automatically set based on the value in the imported file (Vectrino, Vector and PolySync files only, both converted and unconverted)
- Import of converted Vectrino files has been made more robust
- There is now an option to split large files to make them more manageable ("large" means greater than approximately 200000 measurements but it's all down to user experience - for large files it is slow to show time-series graphs, etc). For example, if splitting is activated then a file "0-10.vno" will be imported as a number of data points: "0-10", "X-10", "2X-10",... where X is the number of measurements per split file divided by the sampling rate (i.e. it is the time spanned by the data in each split file). The y-coordinate thus becomes the start time for the data in that file relative to the start of recording. For burst mode, X is just the burst interval.
Re: Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesPosted by Mike Jesson at October 10. 2012
v1.3.18 is now available:
Added trim functionality - data point time-series may be trimmed to the required sub-series.
v1.3.16 & v1.3.17
Minor bug fixes.
Fixed problem importing some Vector .vec files.
Changed reading of NDV .hdr files so that filename is no longer used to identify the start of the data definitions (this fixes issues if the files are renamed after the conversion to .hdr/.dat files).
Fixed import bugs due to probe setup configuration changes.
Multi-run data point details do not show the data for the individual runs unless the "-a" flag is set
Turbulent Flow Instrumentation Cobra probes are now supported (unconverted .thX files)
Probe setup configuration has been improved
Negative coordinates are now allowed (e.g. -10--20.vno for the point at y=-10, z=-20)
Re: Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesPosted by Mike Jesson at October 12. 2012
Vectrino II NDV file support has been added though only in a test version (scroll to the bottom of the downloads page on the website and click on the link for the test version - v1.3.18a).
Re: Batch Processing Vectrino and Polysync Data FilesPosted by Mike Jesson at October 14. 2012
v1.3.19 is now available, which supports Vectrino II NDV (.dat) and Matlab format (.mat) files.