Nortek Instrument Tester in Win 7 64 -bit

Up to Software

Nortek Instrument Tester in Win 7 64 -bit

Posted by Alex Webb at February 22. 2012

Hi,

We have recently upgraded systems using VM AWACs to Windows 7 64 - bit version and are struggling to get the Instrument Tester Ultilty to function.

We have tried running both the installer and program exe as administrator to rule out UAC as a problem. When we load up the software it comes with the error "TestSoftware4.exe" has  stopped working and the problem event name "CLR20r3".

We have also also tried running in xp sp3 compatibly mode with teh same results.

Do you have any solutions rather than having to run XP Mode?

Can the same test commands be sent by the terminal program?

Thanks

Alex

Re: Nortek Instrument Tester in Win 7 64 -bit

Posted by Jonas Røstad at March 01. 2012

Dear Alex,

At the moment this software is unsupported.
We are considering merging into the Survey software in the future releases.

Best regards

Jonas Røstad

Posted by Jonas Røstad at May 09. 2012

Hi All,

A new version of the instrument tester is now available at http://www.nortek-as.com/en/support/software

Best regards

Jonas Røstad

Posted by Alex Webb at June 07. 2012

Jonas,

Thanks for the updated software, however when I followed the link it resulted in a page doesn't exist message, could you please provide another link to it, or I can send details of our ftp site to upoad it.

Thanks

Alex

Current state: Being created

Posted by Jonas Røstad at June 07. 2012
Dear Alex,

After an upgrade of our web some of the links are not working properly. We are working with this.
I have put the requested software at ftp://ftp.nortek.no/NortekInstrumentTester/

Please tell me if there are problems

Best regards
Jonas Røstad
Current state: Being created

Posted by Tenoch Juarez at August 02. 2017

Hi Sirs,

Any new versions of the Nortek Instrument Tester software?

Rod

Regards

Posted by Elin Bondevik at August 09. 2017

Hi Rod,

No, the Nortek Instrument Tester software has not been developed any further. Be aware that the current version is reporting errors when there really are none (in certain cases) so I would rather recommend you to check the data from your system to detect possible issues than using this old software. Please let me know if you would like some input on this, but checking the Troubleshooting Guide can be a useful first step: http://www.nortek-as.com/lib/manuals/troubleshooting-guide-1

Best regards,
Elin