VR values that can be set for Signature 1000

Up to Current profilers and current meters

VR values that can be set for Signature 1000

Posted by Cynthia at March 20. 2017

Hi

We would like to reduce substantially the maximum in beam velocity for the Signature100. 

The instrument doesn't appear to let us drop it below 1.25m/S which is rather high. 

Tried modifying the text file(deploy) but that triggers an error when comes time to send the program.

Particularly for the 5th beam(VR5). The instrument will be bottom fixed and looking upward.

We were hoping to set VR to 0.7m/S and VR5 to an even lower value.

Is this possible? If so how?

Thanks 

Re: VR values that can be set for Signature 1000

Posted by Kyla Prendergast at July 05. 2017
Previously Cynthia wrote:

Hi

We would like to reduce substantially the maximum in beam velocity for the Signature100. 

The instrument doesn't appear to let us drop it below 1.25m/S which is rather high. 

Tried modifying the text file(deploy) but that triggers an error when comes time to send the program.

Particularly for the 5th beam(VR5). The instrument will be bottom fixed and looking upward.

We were hoping to set VR to 0.7m/S and VR5 to an even lower value.

Is this possible? If so how?

Thanks 

Hi, 

I am having similar issues with the Signature 500 and I was wondering if you were ever able to figure out how to how to manually change the VR?

Thanks!

Posted by Magnus Grøtterud at July 06. 2017

Hi all,

The .deploy file created by the SignatureDeployment software contains checksums, so editing the text file will invalidate it. I recommend using the "Customize" option which in the .deploy file will add:

#StartCustomCommands

#EndCustomCommands

Between these lines are where you can manually make changes according to the commands and parameters described in the AD2CP System Integrator's Guide. In your case it would be SETBURST,VR=1. In the Terminal window you may also use GETBURSTLIM to see the valid parameter limits (f.ex VR=1-5). Note you can see the precision by sending GETPRECISION. Changing it from 1.25m/s to 1m/s may not result in a significantly increased precision.

The vertical beam HR option may be of particular interest since you wish to decrease it even further. I've attached a data sheet with more information.

Best regards,

Magnus

Attachments

Posted by Kyla Prendergast at July 06. 2017
Previously Magnus Grøtterud wrote:

Hi all,

The .deploy file created by the SignatureDeployment software contains checksums, so editing the text file will invalidate it. I recommend using the "Customize" option which in the .deploy file will add:

#StartCustomCommands

#EndCustomCommands

Between these lines are where you can manually make changes according to the commands and parameters described in the AD2CP System Integrator's Guide. In your case it would be SETBURST,VR=1. In the Terminal window you may also use GETBURSTLIM to see the valid parameter limits (f.ex VR=1-5). Note you can see the precision by sending GETPRECISION. Changing it from 1.25m/s to 1m/s may not result in a significantly increased precision.

The vertical beam HR option may be of particular interest since you wish to decrease it even further. I've attached a data sheet with more information.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hello Magnus,

I was looking into the links you provided and was wondering if the vertical beam HR option is or will soon be available for the 500 as well. I was not sure if there had been any updates since the initial update that provided the HR setting for the 1000. 

Thanks, 
Kyla 

Posted by Magnus Grøtterud at July 10. 2017

Hi Kyla,

Currently there are no plans to develop/release HR mode for the Signature500.

Best regards,

Magnus